Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Things We Do Every Week

... I must still be in the Honeymoon Phase of staying at home. Chores don't bother me. Maybe I feel like it's my job, and my contribution to the family and it's just simply something that has to be done. I've found that most chores can be done in less than 20 minutes, and that's hardly a big enough chunk of time to complain about. Dishes, Clothes, Floors, Dusting, etc. Over and Over and Over.
What I am trying to do is get on more of a routine schedule of doing chores. It has been working pretty well for us for the past several weeks. It just means, don't come to my house on Wednesday and expect a spotless bathroom... because those don't get cleaned until Thursday. I was finding that I was either doing chores and not finishing them completely, or that when I had spare time I just couldn't pin point what needed to be done TODAY. I'm a list maker, so having a list/schedule has really helped me take the decision making out of chores. It's just a matter of getting it done.
What's wonderful about Lainey (at this age) is she wants to be Mommy's helper, and doesn't complain about it. I didn't even ask her to help me, she just started asking me to help. I can always find an age appropriate way for her to work along side me. Here are a few pictures of how she helps me around the house....
We do laundry and grocery shopping on Mondays. Strangely enough, our Mondays have been consistently sunny days and we're able to use the clothes line that Derek made for me. Lainey loads the washer for me, and helps me sort through the wet clothes to put on the line, and in the dryer.
We clean bathrooms on Thursday. Lainey helps wipe down the cabinet, wash her potty seat and step stool, wipe off the counter top, and scrub the toilet. She also helps sweep with her own broom.
Other highlights around our house... we had a play date at Nikki's house on Wednesday. The Muellers are a new family at our church and have a son Lainey's age, and a little boy that's about a year old. Rhondalyn and her girls came too. Thursday I had several Doctor appointments in OKC. Good reports all around!! Lainey had a Daddy-Daughter Date with dad for lunch, and then spent the rest of the afternoon at Miss Rhondalyn's house, while he went to class. Last night we went on a Desert Date to get ice cream from Orange Leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment