Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Custom

I use to make fun of Derek because every time we passed a truck with a "custom made" bumper or headache rack he'd have to point it out. He always said the same thing... "Now that's CUSTOM." But it was said with a little Texas drawl.. kinda like "C-U-S tom." As if I couldn't tell that it was custom, or that I was even interested.
Not to say I can't appreciate CUSTOM made items. I love custom crafts, quilts, and home decor. I love custom furniture, especially when it's super functional and it's in my house. So, let me introduce our C-U-S tom kitchen cart. Made with LOVE by Derek.
Our kitchen has what I would call 4 "normal" sized cabinets, and 1 kitchen drawer. You can see my entire kitchen storage in the picture above, except for one cabinet above the dishwasher. The people before us must have not owned a crock pot, a mixer, big pots or strainers, a rolling pin, or serving platters. So, I enlisted my husband to make a solution to a real problem in this cook's life.
Without a pattern, and only a verbal description of what I imagined... he made exactly what I wanted and it turned out better than I could have imagined. It has two shelves inside, and it's on casters. It's stores all of my big kitchen items, and then some. It is a great transition from our living room to our kitchen, where there use to be just this big, rather awkward, open doorway. It may have taken 6 months to finish, but it was so worth the wait.
Thanks Derek for making all of my C-U-S tom home furnishing dreams come true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment