Sunday, July 29, 2012

National Balloon Classic

Last night we went out for some family fun. We traveled up the highway, a few towns over, and spent the evening outside in some beautiful 80 degree weather. I have made a new personal goal of getting back into running, and working towards 5K runs throughout the year. My first was a "community run" on 4th of July, that I enjoyed running with my sister-n-law. My goal then was to just see where I was, since I hadn't actually run that distance since before Lainey was born. I was proud to finish without passing out somewhere on the run... and that was considered a big accomplishment.

 This run, all I wanted to do was "better." Not putting any real pressure to beat my time, but instead to just feel better about it. Feel better while I'm running, and feel better after the run. I am proud to say that this felt better... and I happened to beat my first time by a minute and a half. Yea!! Next run is in October. This is my friend Leah, who started running again last summer after having her 4th child. She is now training for a half marathon!! I'm so proud of her!!


After the race we went to the balloon launch site. It was late and we unfortunately missed the launch. We did get to enjoy the night glow & that was good enough for us. L was beside herself, getting to see balloons that were SO BIG!! Here's a few pictures:



Last year when we went, you weren't allowed to walk around where the balloons were launching. I think, because they weren't actually launching, they let people walk around the launch site. Derek & L really got to see the upclose works of hot air balloons.



Here are a few pictures of what we got to see last year:





1 comment:

  1. Such a neat site to see. My kids would have loved something like this. You all are doing a great job taking in all you can on your stay in IA! I think that's wonderful.

    Also, good job on the running. I started running after Isaac was born . . . and kept running even after Annie was born. I did a half marathon when she was about 18 months (about 4 years ago). I felt so accomplished! Unfortunately I stopped running after my half marathon for the most part (and definitely stopped after Eli was born). I need to get into it again. Maybe you can be my motivation :o) Hmmmm . . . will have to contemplate it anyway :o)

    Hope all is well and can't wait to connect with you in person when you all get back to Stillwater!

    Blessings,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete