Thursday, May 3, 2012

How well do you know your celebrities?

Derek is amazing at spotting "famous" people. I'm not kidding. He spotted a guy in the subway in Washington DC.

SO... if you saw THIS picture, would you know who she was? Horrible picture of me... but who is looking at me anyways?

Yes, she is wearing dog ears, and YES that is Ree Drummond. As in THE Pioneer Woman!

Rhondalyn and I loaded up all 4 girls, skipped bible study (Lord forgive us), and went to the zoo to see Ree. The zoo was promoting reading to preschoolers and had special activities all day long, a free book for every child, and story time with Ree. She wrote a children's book about her dog Charlie and did a wonderful job reading it to the children (she was sooo animated!):


She also has two cook books, a "romance" novel about how she met her husband, and a cooking show. She lives about 2 hrs away from us on one of the largest ranches in the state.

Enough about her... we had a really fun day with the girls. We listened to story time with Ree, packed a picnic lunch, saw most of the animals, and stopped at Sonic on the way home for a cold drink to top off the hot day. It doesn't sound like much as I sit here and type, but it really was A LOT to do with our brood. The kids were exhausted when we left, but surprisingly stayed awake the entire drive home. I think L was just too excited to be sitting next to her friend in our van. What a treat!


3 comments:

  1. I do "know" Ree!! As soon as the pic popped up I said, "REE!!!" hahaha How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you finally met her, but it wasn't at the grocery store!! :)

    You tell her I said hey? ;)

    ReplyDelete